I’ve been seeing this tag a lot lately and it looks fun, so when Sara gave everyone the option to tag themselves, I knew I wanted to do it! You guys should all check out her blog, she’s one of my favorites ❤
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ❌
I honestly don’t receive a lot of ARCs that are to be reviewed by a certain date, and I have reviewed the few that I’ve gotten. A lot of the ARCs I get are from trades, and I still have to read and review some of those.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley ❌
I only recently made a Netgalley and I have yet to use it, so this one doesn’t really apply.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✅
I do this all the time. It’s something I really want to work on next year because it’s a habit that really frustrates me.
4. Folded down the page of a book ❌
I would never intentionally do this.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book ❌
Not that I can remember.
6. DNF a book this year ✅
There are a few books I didn’t finish this year, but I may give them chances again in the future.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ❌
I’ve bought books because they were pretty, but never without the intention of reading it.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✅
Just about every day of my life, haha.
9. Skim read a book ❌
If I’ve ever done this, it had to have been years ago. Skim reading gives me anxiety, and I think I’d rather DNF a book then skim read it.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal ❌
This is the first year I set a Goodreads goal and I tried to be as realistic as possible so I managed to reach it.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it ❌
Assuming this is referring to borrowing library books, I haven’t done this.
12. Broke a book buying ban ✅
I’ve broken pretty much every book buying ban I’ve ever set. It’s another bad habit I need to work on, haha.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✅
Oh, yeah. Way more than I’d like to admit. If I don’t write a review right after I finish the book, I start other books and by the time I get back to writing the review I’ve forgotten too many details so I don’t bother to finish it.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading ✅
Yes, I did this a few times, but I haven’t done it in at least 3 or 4 years. At one point I really loved The Fault in Our Stars and I wanted to annotate it and highlight some of my favorite quotes, so I bought a second copy specifically for that reason.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads ❌
Sometimes I don’t add a book right away, but I always do it eventually.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend ❌
This is another one that I may have done when I was younger, but I definitely haven’t done in the past several years. I don’t borrow books that often and when I do I’m always careful to take good care of them and return them.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ❌
Sometimes my friends ask for book recommendations, and they may have hinted at wanting to borrow my book, but I don’t think they’ve specifically asked so luckily this hasn’t come up.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book ❌
I would never break a spine intentionally, whether it’s my own book or a friend’s.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged ✅
I almost never read a book with the dust jacket on, so sometimes they get minimal damage, but then I put the dust jacket back on and can’t tell.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✅
I did this early this year 😭 I sat on my friend’s paperback and bent the cover a little and I felt absolutely awful.
FINAL SCORE: 8/20
I tag… anyone who wants to do this! 🙂